TV Guide 2015-07-25
5-Star Family Reunion (BBC1, Sat) is a new lottery quiz, hosted by Nick Knowles. ITV daytime has new shows: Guess This House (asset bubbles) and Hello Campers (Come European Campsite With Me). ITV also has Flockstars (herding, Thu) and BBQ Champ (outdoor cookery, Fri). The Challenge Channel has a documentary You Can't Beat a Bit of Bully (Mon), and BBC1 Wales celebrates Rob Brydon at 50 (Thu).
Schedules are accurate at the time of publication; check against EPG for late changes.
Saturday 25 July
- Swashbuckle (Cbeebies, 11am and 5pm) A fruitful day.
- The Box (BBC1, 11.30).
- Fort Boyard Ultimate Challenge (CITV, 1pm). An old edition on CITV and ITV at 6am.
- Four in a Bed (More4, 1pm) Five episodes.
- In the Psychiatrist's Chair (Radio 4 Extra, 2.15) Oleg Gordievsky from Wanted talks to Anthony Clare. From 1995.
- The Chase (ITV, 2.35).
- Dinner Date (ITVBe, 3pm) Five episodes.
- Famous Family Fortunes (ITV, 3.30) Janine Duvitski and Scott Mills.
- Come Dine with Me (C4, 4.10) Lancashire.
- Tipping Point (ITV, 4.15).
- The Algorithm (TV3, 4.45).
- Catchphrase (ITV, 5.15).
- Celebrity Mastermind (BBC1, 5.20) Ken Dodd.
- The Dare Devil (CBBC, 5.35) Team In It to Win It. What's next, Team Millionaire Manor?
- The Chase With Celebrities (UTV Ireland, 5.35).
- Fort Boyard (TV5, 5.39).
- Pointless (BBC1, 5.50) Number One hitmakers, from 13 December.
- Prized Apart (BBC1, 7pm) Last in the "present" series.
- 5-Star Family Reunion (BBC1, 8.05) Families in the UK and overseas hope to win cash and a get-together somewhere nice. Nick Knowles hosts. Includes commercials for The Lottery Corp.
- Winning Streak (RTE1, 8.15).
Sunday 26 July
- Scrapheap Challenge Morning (Dave, 9am) Five episodes.
- Bargain Hunt (BBC1, 11am).
- Swashbuckle (Cbeebies, 11am and 5pm) Shipwreck in a Bottle.
- Fort Boyard Ultimate Challenge (CITV, 1pm).
- The Chase (UTV Ireland, 1.30) Three episodes.
- Four in a Bed (More4, 2.40) Five episodes. Followed by fives of Come Dine with Me at 5.20.
- A Question of Sport (BBC1, 3.15) Shaun Murphy, Katharine Merry, Kevin Campbell, Chris Hoy. Subject to delay if the motor racing goes long.
- Two Tribes (BBC2, 4.30) Shunted out from midweek.
- Hair (BBC2, 5pm) Both this week's episodes repeated.
- Pointless Celebrities (BBC1, 5.45) The radio edition from 20 October, featuring Richard's package. Of jingles.
- King of the Nerds (The Satellite Channel, 7pm).
- Y Talwrn (Radio Cymru, 7.05) The grand final of the poetry competition.
- Wordaholics (Radio 4, 7.15) A classic episode.
- Dragons' Den (BBC2, 8pm).
- The Chase With Celebrities (ITV4, 8pm).
- 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown (C4, 10pm).
- Bear Grylls Mission Survive (ITV, 10.20).
- Prized Apart (BBC1, 10.30; Wales 11pm) More than Benchmark got.
- Come Dine With Me Abroad (C4, 12.05) From South Africa.
- Bargain Hunt (BBC1, 12.15).
- Guess This House (ITV, 12.30; also UTV Ireland) How much is this house worth? Saira Khan spins out the question to an hour.
- The Link (BBC1, 2.15).
- Secret Dealers (ITV, 3pm) Previously-enjoyed episodes.
- Hello Campers (ITV, 4pm) Five couples go to a European campsite.
- French Collection (C4, 4pm).
- Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is (BBC1, 4.30) New episodes.
- The Chase (ITV, 5pm) New episodes.
- Couples Come Dine with Me (C4, 5pm).
- Ready Steady Cook (Food Network, 5pm).
- Four Weddings (Sky3, 5pm).
- Pointless (BBC1, 5.15) New episodes.
- Two Tribes (BBC2, 6pm).
- Dinner Date (ITVBe, 6pm).
- Eggheads (BBC2, 6.30) Classic episodes.
- Masterchef Canada (Watch, 7pm) Conquering the kitchen.
Monday 27 July
- Quote... Unquote (Radio 4 Extra, 9am) From 2010.
- Countdown (C4, 2.10) Michael Buerk.
- Counterpoint (Radio 4, 3pm).
- Fifteen-to-One (C4, 3pm). It's hoss racing for the rest of the week.
- I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue (Radio 4, 6.30) Omid Djalili on the panel, St Alban in the audience, Jack Dee the guest host. Can't they get Rochelle Humes?
- Ninja Warrior UK (ITV2, 7pm) Rochelle Humes has something better to do.
- University Challenge (BBC2, 8pm) Kent v Newcastle.
- The Biggest Loser Us (UK Living, 8pm).
- Only Connect (BBC2, 8.30) Spaghetti Westerners v Mixologists.
- You Can't Beat a Bit of Bully (The Challenge Channel, 9pm) Remember Bullseye?
- Hair (BBC2, 10pm; NI 10pm Tu) Fantasy, and spiral curls.
- Have I Got A Bit More Old News for You (BBC1, 10.35; NI, Wales 11.05) Victoria Coren Mitchell, Janet Street-Porter, and The Ubiquitous Katharine Ryan. (And why not, she's ace.)
- Have I Got A Bit More A Bit More Old News for You (BBC1, 11.20; NI, Wales 11.50; not North, North West, North East) Jo Brand, Gyles Brandreth, John Prescott.
Tuesday 28 July
- It's Not What You Know (Radio 4, 6.30) Elis James, Penny Smith, Russell Grant.
- Ninja Warrior UK (ITV2, 7pm).
- The Chase With Celebrities (ITV4, 8pm) Ed Byrne goes for Â£117,000.
- You Can't Beat a Bit of Bully (The Satellite Channel, 8pm) Remember The Challenge Channel's documentary about Bullseye?
- Hive Minds (BBC4, 8.30) Goats and Araucarians.
- Hell's Kitchen Us (ITV2, 9pm) Two episodes.
- Hair (BBC2, 10pm; NI 10pm We) London Dungeon.
- Taskmaster (Dave, 10pm) Greg Davies gives comedians humiliating things to do. May not be a game show.
- Dragons' Den (BBC2, 11.20; Scot 11.50).
Wednesday 29 July
- Don't Blow the Inheritance (ITV, 3am) Another chance to enjoy the Tim Vine quiz from 2012.
- Ninja Warrior UK (ITV2, 7pm).
- America's Got Talent (TruTV, 8pm).
- Four Rooms (More4, 9pm).
- QI (BBC2, 10pm; not NI) L-2.
Thursday 30 July
- Guess What? (Radio 4xtra, 9am and 4pm) Barry Took's revision of 20 Questions, from 1998.
- Ninja Warrior UK (ITV2, 6.30) The final.
- America's Next Top Model (UK Living, 8pm) Slaughterhouse (five).
- Flockstars (ITV, 8.30; also UTV Ireland) Gabby Logan hosts a contest to find Britain's best celebrity sheep herder. Enter, stage left, Amanda Lamb.
- Rob Brydon at 50 (BBC1 Wales, 9pm) The second-best host of Rave marks his golden anniversary.
- Would I Lie to You? (BBC2 Wales, 10pm) Rob does this, too.
- Safeword (ITV2, 10pm) We've not seen this show and cannot yet say if it is a game show.
Friday 31 July
- Breaking the News (Radio Scotland, 1.30) A topical panel show.
- Would I Lie to You? (BBC1, 8.30) A new series, with Danny Dyer, Jon Richardson, Joe Lycett, and Moira Stuart.
- BBQ Champ (ITV, 9pm; also UTV Ireland) Top of the barbie klass, with Myleene Klass.
- 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown (C4, 9pm) Freddie Flintoff, Roisin Conaty, Rob Beckett.
- A League of Their Own (The Satellite Channel, 9pm) Unseen volume 2, Post only 12.
- Room 101 (BBC1, 10.35) Alexander Armstrong.
Sign language interpretation
- Britain's Best Bakery (ITV, 3am Sat; not STV).
- Fort Boyard Ultimate Challenge (CITV and ITV, 6am Sat, Sun).
- Ejector Seat (ITV, 3am Sun and Thu; STV 2am Sun).